Over the years, I have found some great recipes and tweaked them. So these are all of our adapted favorites and are perfect for busy families. My kids certainly aren’t perfect (and come dinner time I often want to pull my hair out😉 but, my one rule is that everyone needs to eat the same meal, and that the kids eat real food (even my one year old!). There is no baby food in this house! Most of these recipes are gluten free but you can obviously use regular pasta in them instead if you would like! If you would like to see more of our meal plans, and download editable blank ones click here.
- Cook’s Illustrated adapted Skillet Quinoa Pasta with Sausage and Spinach (easy and under 25 minutes) the quinoa tastes just like regular pasta!
- Black Bean Chili with Swiss Chard and Butternut Squash (a great way to stretch your meat and incorporate veggies)
- Quinoa Pasta with Pesto adapted from The Barefoot Contessa (simple, and easy substitution when you just need a quick lunch!) And if you feel up for it, just roast some veggies and toss them in it!
- White Bean Soup with Kale from GOOP (great for baby led weaning!)
- Israeli Couscous with Swiss Chard and Sausage (under 30 minute meal!)*not gluten free
Being a mom isn’t easy but meal time shouldn’t be a war zone either. At the end of the day all of us just want to sit down with our families and enjoy a meal. I hope you like these recipes as much as we do!
- Superhero Chili: A Toddler Friendly Healthy Chili Recipe
- Healthy Mama Happy Mama: Healthy Snack Hacks for the Time Pressed Mom
- DIY Oilcloth Placemats: Step-by-Step Tutorial for Easy Lunches On-the-Go
- Healthy Mama Happy Mama: 5 HIIT Workouts You Can Do At Home
- Strawberry Picking With Kids: The Ultimate Guide to Everything You Need to Know
- 10 Spring Cleaning Hacks to Make it Faster & Easier